Wednesday, May 26, 2010

semikindasorta vegetarian

The other day, D and I caught Graham Hill talk about why he is a weekday vegetarian on TED Talks. After watching him explain the benefits of  the weekday veg program, we were sold. But since I'm not really big on vegetables and will probably need a bit of time to get used to the idea, we thought we'll settle with being weekday pescatarians instead.

So earlier this week, D and I have embarked on a mission to not eat anything that walks on land and stick to greens and fish instead. But ONLY on weekdays.

Anyway, here's the video I'm talking about. Watch it, think about it, and be converted.

2 comments:

RAD said...

This is interesting, Mel. What are you and D doing for lunchtime meals? For me, that's the hardest part. It's such a pain in the ass to make something to take to work, and truly healthy options off the street are pretty limited. I had started mixing really nice salads to take to work, but my motivation dropped off like after a month. Interested to hear what sort of stuff you're planning to eat. I like this idea and would definitely give it a try if I had a road map for how to get it done...consistently.

melissa said...

Hey RAD! Well, so far we've resorted to ordering from the same place we usually order food from - JJ Delivery. But this time we only stick to stir fried vegetables with seafood or an omelet (a bit of a gray area there). If we get tired of JJ, we order sandwiches from Au Bon Pain. My current fave is their Mozzarella and pesto while D gets the tuna melt.

I initially thought it would be hard since our choices will be limited. But every restaurant's menu has a fish dish or just veggies so it still works out. The real challenge is the commitment to the veg program - well, in our case, pescatarian program.

I'd be happy to share more of how D and I deal with this challenge. Tell you more about it tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails