Saturday, May 15, 2010

the perfect wedding

I'm not a big fan of overly done weddings that amount to nothing but an overpriced and impersonal occasion, stripping the ceremony of its real significance. That's why I find weddings like this DIY Wedding in Michigan, photographed by Amy Carroll that I chanced upon at Once Wed, refreshing. I couldn't help but fall for its sheer simplicity.




A personalized ceremony, DIY decorations and favors with help from family and friends, and comfort food served at the reception. That's how you throw a wedding. And how about the bride's dress? A steal for $55, marked down from $800! Brilliant! I cant stop gushing about it. I just hope that my wedding will be as perfect as this one!

Want to see more pictures of my definition of a perfect wedding? Click here and here.


[Photos from Once Wed]

2 comments:

TrixiePixie said...

my status of me being inspired was about you. Gosh, you made me want to write my very own blog.

But I'm more old school, I still keep a notebook of my thoughts.

ANYWAY, I love the things that you write about, its so interesting. I hope to hook up with you again next time I fly to BKK.. when its already safe to wander around again.

Be safe ok. :)

melissa said...

Thanks Patricia for reading my blog! Let me know when you've started your own so I can link you to my page and follow you.

Let me know when you're in Bangkok, we should definitely meet up for drinks.

Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails