Sunday, May 23, 2010

clean up bangkok with unity

Today brings a glimmer of hope to Thailand as hundreds gathered at the Rama VI Monument in front of Lumpini Park to meet and start cleaning the city after weeks of protests. Thais and foreigners alike volunteered for the clean up, armed with brooms and brushes to physically and symbolically reclaim the city.




I salute everyone who participated today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to join in the fun. But it looks like there's more work to be done and the cleaning efforts will continue all week. So I still have a chance to do my part, and so do you!

Check out more pictures of the clean up here. For more info on the clean up efforts, visit bkkunite.

[Photos by Richard Barrow via My Thailand Blog]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails