Sunday, May 23, 2010

let's get cookin'

The other day, I made my Mom's spicy tuna spaghetti. The recipe usually calls for green bell peppers. But because I don't have them at my disposal (and was lazy to get some from the grocery), I thought of being resourceful and experiment on using sweet corn kernels instead.

It turned out ok, I guess. A tad bit weird. But at the very least, it was edible. Thankfully, D (bless his heart) eats whatever I cook - well, with the exception of canned meat (READ: Spam).

If there's one thing I miss from home, it's home-cooked meals. My Mom is an excellent cook. She can make anything she puts her heart to, and they always turn out real good. I want to follow suit. I really want to cook more. D and I always order take out or just eat out. In Thailand, it's cheaper to just order take out than cook food yourself, especially when you're only cooking for 1-2 people. But I want to break away from that habit. I want to develop my culinary skillz, be a master of ze kitchen!

Marysol of She Eats Bears inspires me to do just that. My mouth waters when I read her blog.

 I want to try making her Black Bean Burgers.

But I figured with my limited culinary experience maybe I should start with a simple sandwich first - like this mouthwatering Aged Cheddar and Apple Melt.
 
Omnomnomnomnommmm!

[Photos from She Eats Bears]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails