Sunday, May 16, 2010

on house arrest

In case you haven't heard, Bangkok has turned into an urban war zone. The ongoing political unrest has made a turn for the worse with Bangkok streets plagued by gun fires, bomb explosions, vehicles set on fire, barricades, and streets on lock down. I try not to think of how bad the situation is and how this will affect Thailand's progressive economy because it just makes me sad. I love Thailand and it pains me to see what it has come to. I just really hope that peace will be restored sooner than later. 

Like most Bangkok residents, D and I have opted to stay home and keep safe. On the bright side, we've been enjoying lazy days spent lounging by the pool, reading books, watching movies in the comfort of our own couch, and indulging in long afternoon naps.

D has also spent most of his free time practicing playing the guitar and ukulele. Here's a picture of him I took (using Lucy, my Colorsplash) a couple of months back.

He looks really adorable when he plays the guitar.
And doubly so when he plays the ukulele.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails