Friday, April 23, 2010

vintage love

My fascination with vintage started when I inherited my Mom's bead necklaces, clutch bags, and clothes from the 70s and 80s. Since then, I've been obsessed with hoarding vintage stuff. Luckily for me, Bangkok is a vintage minefield. Walk around the city and you'll chance upon a flea market or a store that sells nostalgia in the form of trinkets from the past decades.

But if the city you live in lacks vintage hot spots, don't fret! There's always the internet. One of the sites I love is Etsy and here are just some of the awesome things you'll find there:

Skeleton Keys (comes in 3s)
String it on a chain and you've got a one-of-a-kind necklace.

This is perfect for picnics at the park.

I'm loving the rich olive green color!

This was probably originally red but faded to a beautiful pink shade. And get this: it still has its original hardware!

...and of course, vintage cameras!
It even comes with a user manual.

This baby is said to be in perfect condition!

This beauty came out in 1937.

More vintage cameras at F Stop Blues.


[Photos from Etsy]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails