Tuesday, April 13, 2010

because I'm still obsessed with our walls

... here's a bunch of ideas you can try if you have the same problem as I do.

DIY Wall Decor
Mai of Ruche did not just give 1 but T-H-R-E-E ideas on how to create wall decor (or just cover a blah looking wall). My favorite of which is the natural peel-able wallpaper. Yup, you read it right. Au naturale! The wallpaper adhesive is made of cornstarch and hot water. You can find the instructions on how to make the wallpaper paste here and here.


 And in case you're wondering how to remove the paste stain from the wall, don't worry! I got you covered. Click here to know how to make homemade wallpaper paste remover.


Get Paintin'
No, I'm not talking about just painting the wall with a can of paint. What I meant was take your paintbrush and go Van Gogh on that sh*t! I love this wall makeover by Scott and Cheryl White on Design*Sponge. They made a mural wall using a painting they bought from eBay, color transparency film and a projector. It's genius and I want to do it too!




Slap on Some Paper
If you can't be bothered to paint your walls, cover it with wallpaper. And I'm not talking about your run-off-the-mill wallpaper. Check out these cool prints.


Here's a list of the best online wallpaper sources. I fancy the wallpapers from Nama Rococo, Ferm Living, Cavern Home, and Mod Green Pod.


Take Baby Steps
If you're not ready to cover a whole wall with wallpaper, you can take baby steps with wall stickers or wall decals. I found awesome finds here, here and here. Oh and here.

ze zombiez are coming!
Cool, eh?

[Photos from Ruche, Mod Green Pod, Neatorama, Design*Sponge]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails