Wednesday, April 21, 2010

living in a shoebox

Before I moved in with D, I was living in a 40 square meter apartment at The Lotus Condo located in Sathorn, Bangkok's financial district. But don't dismiss The Lotus as your typical condominium with shoebox units. It's actually a pretty awesome living space, if you ask me. It sure is teeny tiny. But the interior designer who designed the units made real good use of the space.

I took the showroom unit. Not bad, eh?

As much as I'm enjoying the space that I live in now, I still miss living in that apartment. I missed it even more when I chanced upon Re-Nest's Small Spaces and Teeny Tiny Homes Round-Up. I love how it inspires you to think out of the box when faced with the challenge of living in pint-size rooms. Just look at how these creative homeowners took on ingenious ways to make good use of their small space.

 A kitchen under your bed? Why not!

Check out Tanille's kick-ass trailer home.

The Banyan Tree House brought luxury in tree house living.


More tiny home inspirations here and here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice apartments! R and I once lived in a 21sqm apartment in Makati. For 2 years. I don't think I'd ever go quite that small again, but there was something to be said for the coziness, and the amount of stuff you realize is really not necessary.

Corinna

melissa said...

Hey Corinna!I totally agree. It also saves you from buying unnecessary stuff that would otherwise end up as clutter in your house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails