Monday, April 12, 2010

chalkboard paint you can make

I've been itching to paint one of the walls in our kitchen with chalkboard paint. Why? I just thought it would be fun to be able to write messages on the wall (and also to paint over that dirty wall in our kitchen). But What if I don't want the usual black or green chalkboard paint? Where do I find chalkboard paint here in Thailand? And HOW am I going to tell the Thai salesperson at the hardware store that I want chalkboard paint?

Luckily, I came across this DIY Chalkboard Paint idea on marthastewart.com. It seems pretty simple. All you need is flat-finish latex paint and powder tile grout (not sanded). Mix it together and paint away!

I love this chalkboard painted wall in the kitchen of Danielle Deboe's home (via Sneak Peek at Design*Sponge).

You can also get a more detailed instruction from this how-to in craftathome.com.


[Photo from Design*Sponge]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails