Friday, July 30, 2010

#helpDOT

Nothing like a bunch of people willing to volunteer to help the Department of Tourism (DOT) in promoting Philippine tourism. Thanks to Carlos Celdran for sparking interest in the matter. Now, Team Manila and many others are stepping up to the plate in making their contribution in helping tourism efforts.

I definitely want to do my part as well, and posting these posters by Team Manila is a start.

A poster inspired by Carlos Celdran and his Old Manila Walk tours.
I'm definitely taking that tour in my next visit to Manila.

I've never been, but I hear it's breathtaking.
The Chocolate Hills are made up of 1,776 hills covered with green grass. 
I want to see it for myself. I suggest you do too.

Sulu Sea contains a number of islands, and is home to Tubbataha Reef National Marine Park - which is one of the World Heritage Sites.

Approximately an hour away from Manila is a town where you'll find Taal Volcano. I grew up frequently visiting Tagaytay, a town overlooking the volcano. It is a spectacular sight to see.

They even made one for my hometown!
Hinulugang Taktak is definitely worth a visit. 
Visit the Antipolo Cathedral while you're in town.


Do you have a blog? A Facebook account? Twitter? Post these posters, or better yet write about your favorite place in the Philippines. And while you're at it, follow @carlosceldran, @teammanila, and @entengromano on Twitter and suggest ways to help promote tourism in the Philippines.

2 comments:

journeyingjames said...

i guess we have the same inspiration on #helpDOT! found your link on Twitter. nice blog, lets continue to spread the word.

melissa said...

thanks! and yes, let's continue spreading the word.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails