Saturday, February 19, 2011

we did


We did it! I still can't believe that the madness that was our Ultimate Wedding Weekend has come and gone. A gazillion thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to join us in promising ever after to each other. D and I are overwhelmed with love and gratitude. Each and every one of you made it the best party we've ever thrown in our entire lives.

A special shout out to...

To our parents: We've said it once, and we'll say it again - thank you for bringing us into this world so we could find each other and fall in love. We couldn't have done this without you. Seriously.  


To RAD, who is the most badass officiant the world has ever known: A job well done. Asking you to marry us was one of the best decisions we've ever made.

To Teddy, the bestest man ever: Thank you for flying all the way to Bangkok from the concrete jungle where dreams are made of. You were the best man not to just to Dieter, but to me as well. 

To Alex, who kept me sane throughout this whole shebang: Thank you for shooing away random strangers taking my picture while waiting to walk down the aisle. And for just being there. You deserved to win that bouquet toss. You're next! I can feel it in my bones.


To EdmirShane and my cousin, Russel: You guys turned my vision to life. D and I were amazed with what the three of you have done with the place. You guys rock.

My AA girls: Thank you! Thanks Angelica for my make-up. Thanks Dimple for my hair. Thanks Cat for taking control of the fujidroid. Thanks Binx for being there against all odds. It was nice being surrounded by familiar faces during what was possibly the most stressful and nerve-wracking day of my life.

Truth be told, D and I's favorite part of the wedding was when we got back from the shoot and saw all of our friends, in a sea of white, mingling and drinking, with the sun setting in the background. At that point, D and I turned to each other and smiled because that was exactly what we were thinking of when we were planning this wedding - our families (Bangkok friends, highschool and college friends, and immediate family) coming together. It was perfect.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. And just for good measure, thank you. We can never say those two words enough.


*Cross-posted from our wedding blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails