Sunday, February 27, 2011

the ultimate party

So. We got married. It's been a month now, and yet I still can't bring myself to write about it. I mean, seriously, where do I begin? I feel that to put everything that went on that day - the whirlwind of emotions and events - into words will be nothing short of  futile.

But that's what pictures are for. Here's a handful of my favorite pics from the big day. As they say, let the pictures do the talking.

Getting ready: The girls were busy making me pretty. I, on the other hand, was more concerned about loading film into my Colorsplash. I got priorities!

To the aisle we go: Not exactly a flattering picture but it is pretty memorable. Right as I was about to walk down the aisle, my throat felt really dry. I think I finished the whole bottle in one gulp. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who was parched. D had a beer right before he walked down the aisle. 


Funny, too, that tourists who were staying in the villas lined up on the walkway were taking pictures of me. Damn paparazzi... Ha!

Here comes the bride: One word: Surreal. I couldn't believe it was finally happening. I was nervous, giddy, and extremely self-conscious. I'm not used to having people gawking and staring at me. But when I looked up all I could see was D, and that made me feel a lot better. At that point, everyone disappeared. All I could see was him. 

The handover: I honestly thought I would be bawling at this point. Every time I thought about this moment months before the wedding, I cried. But it wasn't the case on The Day. I just hugged my Dad real tight and said, "This feels like a rehearsal but I guess this is really happening."

At the altar: Again, everyone disappeared. It felt like D and I were the only ones there.

His vows: D's vows made everyone laugh out loud. He said he didn't want it to be so serious. He vowed to go shopping with me even though he hates malls, protect me from the birds that I am so afraid of, do the dishes for the rest of our lives, and ended it perfectly by saying, "I vow to always remember how much I love you right now."

Her vows: Weeks before the wedding, D reminded me incessantly to write my vows. I told him I'll just wing it on The Day. He laughed and thought I was kidding. Well, guess what? I wasn't. I didn't write my vows. I didn't prepare at all. I guess I wanted to speak from the heart and just be as spontaneous as possible. I told him that two years ago, I didn't think this day would even be remotely possible; that he changed my life; and that the last two years with him has been the happiest years of my life. I told him that everything I did with him felt like the most natural thing in the world, that I've never been so sure of anyone in my life.So that day, I told him that promising ever after with him felt like the most natural thing I've ever done.

The red kiss: After our first kiss as husband and wife, I looked at D and saw that he was wearing my lipstick. 

Husband and wife: Once pronounced as Mr and Mrs Burckhardt, we were ready to par-tayyy!









And what a party it was.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails