Saturday, February 12, 2011

us married

WARNING: If you're not a fan of cheese and mush, move right along...

This is the first weekend that it's just us again, us being married. It's surreal. D and I always figured the wedding is just a wedding; just because we signed a piece of paper and said our vows in front of a group of people, doesn't mean we'll love each other more than we already do. But somehow it feels different. I look at him from across the table and remind myself that this man is my husband, my partner for life. The thought of spending the rest of my life with him excites me to no end. It makes me want to bust a move, jump around, and slap on the widest grin I could muster.

Three weeks have passed since the whirlwind that was our wedding weekend, and I am still beaming. When friends ask us how it feels to be married, we joke and say, "21 days in, and the magic is still there!" The magic is still there. It really is.

I didn't think it was possible to love him any more than I already do. When I think of just how crazy I am about this guy, my heart feels like it's going to explode. Words fail me and I am afraid I won't be able to rightfully express just how much he means to me. Like Dorothy Boyd saying "I love him, Laurel. I love him. I love him!" over and over.

The Monday after the wedding weekend, I went straight back to work. I went home everyday that week feeling an inexplicable sense of calmness and contentment that I have never experienced before. As I made my way home at the end of the day, I thought, I just had a productive day at work and now I am coming home to my husband. We'll eat dinner, talk about how our day went, sit on the couch, put our legs up on the coffee table and watch TV.

And that made me think, Man, this is the life!



PS Pictures will be up soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails