Monday, November 8, 2010

eat the weekend away

This past weekend was all about eating good. It all started on Friday night with D and I's all-time favorite go-to Mexican restaurant: Sunrise Tacos. We both ordered burritos - D opted for a regular burrito while I went all out and got a chimichanga style burrito. So G-double O-D GOOD.

Then there was Saturday. D and I went to a Filipino party where we feasted on good ol' homecooked Filipino dishes. D got to try the Kare-kare (beef with peanut sauce) and Dinuguan (which we fondly call Chocolate Meat) and he liked it! He also loved the Tocino which he nicknamed Candied Pork. In true Filipino fashion, people just surrounded the dinner table, ate, laughed and had tons of fun.

We even went out to local bar after the party to meet up with my family friend Erica who was here in Bangkok with her hubby and their friend for a 4-day holiday. We had so much fun we ended up going home at 3 am. 

With not much sleep and a slight hangover, we made our way to JW Marriott's Sunday brunch where my good friend Doug celebrated his birthday. I wasn't feeling all too chipper on the way there. But as soon as I saw the buffet spread, the hangover went away! It was pretty impressive. The buffet that is. And the one too many Bloody Marys didn't hurt either.

We got there at 12pm and left at 4pm. It was an epic brunch!

D and I feeling like tourists aboard the shuttle boat to the hotel.

The original 3



Spot the birthday boy. 
Hint: He likes to hide under table napkins.

Hope you had a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails