Thursday, March 10, 2011

Penang, Berlin, brie and maple bacon

Before I left the office yesterday, my boss told me to be safe and have a relaxin' good time. I took her advice to heart and I now find myself in cool hotel room, on a comfy bed, exploiting the hotel's wifi and downing a bag of Skittles. Now, this is what I call a relaxin' good time.

More often than not, this is how I end up when travelling alone. I end up locking myself in a hotel room. It's such a waste, I know. But sometimes I just can't be bothered to go out, especially after the madness that came with the wedding and diving right back to work; not having enough time to breathe. So this is me breathing. Let me get away with it, just this once.

I did go out earlier today to explore Georgetown, have a cup of coffee and grab a bite. I took Diana with me and took some shots. Penang is gorgeous. A perfect mix of old and new. A melting pot of cultures. A fusion of people. And although I haven't seen much of it, I am already in love. I know I want to go back. Hopefully, with D tagging along.

Speaking of D, he's now in Berlin. The time difference is a bit of a struggle. The highlight of my day usually consist of a call or an email from Germany. In his latest email, he wrote of his first experience of deep fried Camembert (which was "da bomb") and drinking in a 200-year old building with 20-foot ceilings and mismatched furniture. Sounds like my kind of place. I picture him having a good time, and wish I was there with him.

Maybe someday.

Sorry, I'm rambling again. Anyway, I think I'm going to give this 'explore Penang' thing one more shot. Maybe I'll fall for it some more.

For now, I leave you with this mouthwatering shot of an egg sandwich with melted brie and maple bacon. Melted brie and maple bacon. Yes, I just need to emphasize that.



[Photo via Framed Cooks]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails