Sunday, November 27, 2011

november weekends

My weekends this month has been nothing short of awesome.

It started with a mini 'moon in Koh Samui.

Several months ago, a good friend of ours got us a good deal to stay at the Renaissance Resort and Spa in Koh Samui. D and I didn't really plan on using it til off season (peak season airfares are ridiculous). But when D got a good deal for airfare from a colleague of his working for Bangkok Airways, we grabbed the opportunity to fly out -- even if it was just for a weekend. 

 Samui, here we come!

This view came with my lunch 

Up early to attack the breakfast buffet 

Followed by a weekend in Manila to celebrate my new niece's christening and watch one of my best friends walk down the aisle and marry the love of her life.

D can't believe how cheap beer is in Manila 

 Hanging out with the bride-to-be a day before she said "I do"

The beautiful bride all dolled up

Then a weekend spent checking out the newly opened Ikea Thailand.  

I've been waiting for this day for years. It's finally here! I was so excited I went twice in one week. And if D didn't stop me, I would have gone again this week.

The happiest place on Earth... at least in my opinion

The infamous Daim cake

This weekend, we're taking it easy. Yesterday, we enjoyed the beautiful day outdoors, drinking beer and catching up with friends at the Ploenchit Fair. Today will be a steady Sunday lounging at home.

November has been an awesome month. Looking forward to a stellar December.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails