Saturday, July 16, 2011

that thing i want to do

Lately, I've been daydreaming of what it would be like not to have a desk job. Don't get me wrong. I like my job. But sometimes I dream of being my own boss and doing what I really love to do, something I'm really passionate about.

This blog has been some sort of virtual expression of that thing I really want to do. And what is that exactly, you might ask? It's finding cool design - in furniture, clothes, accessories, trinkets and knickknacks. I dream of opening my own store where I will sell all the cool stuff I find from my travels. It would be a hodgepodge of awesome stuff that has piqued my curiosity, made me feel all giddy at first sight of it, or just made me exclaim, "hey that's so neat!"

I dream about this. While on the train to work. While waiting for my coffee. While eating lunch alone. While walking around flea markets and spotting something that would be a great addition to my imaginary store. Yes, I dream about this everyday. Much more so these days. These days when I see how excited D is about his work or watch other inspirational people do what they love to do. I stop and think, what am I doing? Seriously.

I remember watching a bunch of episodes of Why You Do What You Do and getting so inspired to just do it. But somehow nagging thoughts of what if I fail? or it's not practical or it's too risky get in the way. I still want to do it. One day. Someday.

For now, I leave you with the WYD teaser.


WYD SERIES from WYD Productions on Vimeo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails