Sunday, September 19, 2010

chinatown

My apologies for the intermittent blog posts. As I've mentioned in my last post, work has held me hostage. But yesterday, D came to my rescue and dragged me out of the house. Destination: Chinatown!

It's been quite a while since we last set foot in Chinatown. The last time we trekked down there was to join the Chinese New Year festivities. But yesterday, we went there for the sheer purpose of eating duck...


...and dim sum. Glorious dim sum. 

 D and his obsession with his camera apps



 My caged panda. Ha!

And while there, we went canvassing for stuff we need for the wedding as well. Chinatown is a treasure trove of awesome finds and great bargains. I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted it all!






I would have to admit, it's not for the faint of heart. It's hot. It's cramped. It's full of people who are not shy to shove you out of the way to get through the narrow walk path. And you'll be hurled into a world of hurt when it rains whilst navigating your way through the 2 km long shopping labyrinth. It's vicious. So take a lot of patience and tenacity to keep on with you, hold on to your bag, and beware of pickpockets while you're at it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails